We are familiar with the hot weather in Oklahoma. It seems this year is exceptionally hot and I’ve been hearing and reading plenty of comments about how hot it is. So for your amusement I thought I would share these one liners on just how hot it really is!
- Your car overheats and you haven’t even started it
- Your braces are making blisters on your lips
- The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
- The cows are giving evaporated milk.
- The trees are whistling for the dogs.
- You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
- You can say 113 degrees without fainting.
- You eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
- You can make instant sun tea.
- You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
- The temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
- You would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.
- The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!
- You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
- You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.
- You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
- Hot water now comes out of both taps.
- Its noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets.
- You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
- You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.
- No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not having air conditioning.
- You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
- Pigs complain about sweating like humans
- You can water the yard with your own sweat
- The big craters in the land are empty ponds and lakes
The Dog Days of Summer are here!