And the Winner is…

Occasionally I enjoy entering contests. In 1977 I entered a Year of Music Contest from a local radio station, Y94 FM out of Fresno CA and I was the grand prize winner. I won every album to reach Billboards top 10 for that year. I ended up with over 100 albums. For those who remember, the music was great back then; Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Queen, ELO, Steve Miller Band, ZZZ Top, Abba, Eagles and so many others.

I was very excited because my intuition was extremely strong that I would be the winner. I was recorded on the radio as they called me to tell me I had won. A week later I met with the DJ’s, toured the radio station and then they took photos of me and the DJ’s and took me to lunch. I felt like a celebrity. I had so much fun!!

I have won quite a few things over the years, door prizes, prizes from baby showers and one year at a Halloween Party there was a big jar of Jelly-Bellies and the person to guess the amount closest to how many were in the jar would be the winner-yep, I was the winner.

A couple of years ago I won $250.00 for referring someone to a new housing development. If they purchased a house in the development I would get the money. They did and I did!

A few weeks ago one of my blogger friends and author Janice Hanna Thompson  held a 50’s Be-Bopping Contest and she notified me Monday that I am the winner and she emailed me yesterday that my package is on the way. I wrote back and told her I was as excited as a kid waiting for Christmas.

Life is full of little surprises, the expected and the unexpected. Sometimes they are good and other times they aren’t.

How about you, have you been a winner of any contests or drawings?

6 comments for “And the Winner is…

1. December 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I remember Janice winning a Procul Harum 45-rpm single in high school, which we shared. Years ago some friends had a NCAA football pool going and my name was entered though I don’t have a clue how to do that stuff. I know when a team wins or loses, but don’t have a clue how point spreads work as that involves higher math. Anyway, without putting up a penny and not knowing anything about any teams involved, we came away with $200! Don’t remember winning any thing else in my life other than my sweetheart’s hand in marriage. That was the best prize of my life.

2. November 7, 2010 at 11:10 pm

3. Meowmix
    November 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

P. S. – Congratulations on all of YOUR wins! I’m honored to be your friend. 🙂

4. Meowmix
    November 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Very seldom have I won anything. I did, however, recently have my name drawn for a free bag of groceries at our neighborhood store. I had filled out entries for everyone in our house (Grace was alive then) as well as another sister. The other sister was called first. They drew more than one per week. I thought, now isn’t that something that I put her name in and she won without even knowing what was going on! Later that day, I got MY phone call. It was fun. I also was a winner a couple of years in a spellng bee at school. Went to District one of those times. And, then the year after high school, I was in the Miss Independence Day (1967) pageant held every year at our 4th of July Celebration. Didn’t win the crown but did win “Miss Congeniality!”

5. jel
    November 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm

do you remember , the song ” The Winner” I think Bobby Bare , sung it. your post brougth that to mind .

6. jel
    November 3, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Woo Hoo, way to go ! 🙂

do ya still have those albums?

Comments are closed.